1. When does the WCCE operate?

    The WCCE runs weekdays, Monday through Friday. Click on the Schedules & Maps section for specific information regarding routes and times.

  2. What’s the fare to ride the WCCE?

    Effective January 3, 2012, One-way fares are $3.75 exact change. The drivers do not carry or handle cash. You can purchase a strip of 10 discounted tickets for $32.50 at our ticket outlets listed below. No Refunds

    Discounted Cash Fare $1.75 on mid-day northbound Downtown Route run 13 for Senior Citizens 65+, Medicare cardholders, and persons with disabilities.

  3. Where are the ticket outlets located where I can purchase a ticket strip?

    A strip of 10 discounted tickets can be purchased for $32.50 at:

    • Germantown - Pick 'N Save - Mequon Road
    • Hartford - Hartford County Market
    • Jackson - Hansen's Piggly Wiggly
    • Kewaskum - Geidel's Piggly Wiggly
    • Richfield/Hubertus - Hansen's Piggly Wiggly & Riteway Bus Service
    • Slinger - Hansen's Piggly Wiggly
    • West Bend - Pick 'N Save - North & South

  4. Do you have a monthly pass available?

    At this time we do not offer a monthly pass. We sell 10-ticket strips at our ticket locations, and we accept cash fares in exact change only.

  5. What is the MCTS Commuter Value Certificate, and does WCCE accept it?

    Yes, we accept MCTS Commuter Value Certificates. The Commuter Value Certificate program enables employers to offer a no-charge or discounted and tax-free transit benefit to their employees. For in-depth information, please click on Commuter Value Certificate tab.

  6. Can I use my MCTS Value Pass?

    No, we cannot accept the MCTS Value Pass. Ask your employer if you can receive MCTS Commuter Value Certificates, which would be accepted at the WCCE ticket outlets.

  7. Can I get back to Washington County during the day if an emergency arises?

    Yes, the Emergency Ride Home program is available free to all WCCE commuters. Please click on Emergency Ride Home tab for information on how to use the program.

  8. Does the WCCE have wheelchair accessibility?

    Yes. Individuals can request a ride on the wheelchair accessible WCCE. You need to request the ride one-day (24 hours) prior to the date needed and also determine which run you will need to use. To request an accessible ride, call 1-888-675-WCCE (9223).

  9. To what major medical facilities does the WCCE go?

    The WCCE travels to the Milwaukee Area Regional Medical Center, which includes Children’s Hospital, Froedtert, Froedtert East and West Clinics, the Medical College and the Clement Zablocki VA Medical Center.

  10. To what schools does the WCCE go?

    • Marquette University High School
    • Marquette University

    The WCCE does not have a route to UW Milwaukee, but riders can take the WCCE to Wisconsin Avenue and then take the Milwaukee County Transit route #30 to UWM.

  11. What is the “Transit Benefit Program” and how does it work?

    The Transit Benefit Program is a provision of the Internal Revenue Code [26 USC 132(f)] that permits an employer to pay for an employee’s cost of commuting to work in something other than a single occupancy vehicle. The program is designed to improve air quality, reduce traffic congestion, and conserve energy by encouraging employees to commute by means other than single occupancy motor vehicles. Under the program, an employer may provide up to $65 per month to those employees who commute to work by transit or vanpool. The employer can deduct these costs as business expenses and the employees do not report the subsidy as income for tax purposes. The subsidy is considered a “qualified transportation fringe” benefit.

  12. What if I have additional questions?

    Please feel free to contact us if you have additional questions, would like more information on what you’ve seen here, or have suggestions. Please email us at info@RideWCCE.com or call 1-888-675-WCCE (9223).